Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Albany Park Neighborhood Council Action Alert (Newsletter)

The APNC and Justice committee wants you to e-mail your county commissioners to "ensure that our community wins better access to care".
The Hospital Access Protection Initiative (HAPI) would ensure that anyone without insurance who enters a hospital in Cook County would be informed and assisted through the hospitals' financial assistance options.
Go here to read a short page about the HAPI Ordinance.

Go here to go to the Fair Care Coalition Website to show your support for the HAPI Ordinance. When filling out the form, the APNC asks that you include them in the "organization name" box.

The newsletter also asks you to call your senators.

Message for Durbin:

"My name is _____. I live at_____ (address), and I am a leader with the Albany Park Neighborhood Council. I am calling to let the Senator know that we need him to be a strong assistant majority leader and ensure that the Senate's health care bill includes a strong and affordable public option."

Phone: (202)224-2152

Message for Burris:

"My name is _____. I live at _____ (address), and I am a leader with the Albany Park Neighborhood Council. I am calling to let the Senator know that we need him to ensure that the Senate's health care bill includes a strong and affordable public option."

Phone: (202)224-2854

The APNC asks that you e-mail them at demain@apncorganizing.org if you decide to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment